The Flutter SDK has the packages and command-line tools that you need to develop Flutter apps across platforms. To get the Flutter SDK, see Install.
What’s in the Flutter SDK
The following is available through the Flutter SDK:
- Dart SDK
- Heavily optimized, mobile-first 2D rendering engine with excellent support for text
- Modern react-style framework
- Rich set of widgets implementing Material Design and iOS styles
- APIs for unit and integration tests
- Interop and plugin APIs to connect to the system and 3rd-party SDKs
- Headless test runner for running tests on Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Dart DevTools for testing, debugging, and profiling your app
dartcommand-line tools for creating, building, testing, and compiling your apps
Note: For more information about the Flutter SDK, see its README file.
flutter command-line tool
flutter CLI tool (
flutter/bin/flutter) is how developers (or IDEs on behalf of developers) interact with Flutter.
dart command-line tool
dart CLI tool is available with the Flutter SDK at